Wednesday 7 August 2013

Hello everyone. How has your week been so far? Today, I decided to paint my nails and to be just a little bit creative and fun for my birthday, which is tomorrow. I can't believe that I will be 19 in a while. It just seems so old! Well, enough with my quarter life crisis, let's talk about nails! I honestly had no idea nor plan for my nails and I just went with the flow, I guess. That's my favourite way of painting on a canvas, too. I love it when I don't even know what I'm going to end up with. I knew I wanted to use Essie - In The Cab-Ana, because I absolutely love that colour, but I had no clue of what else I wanted to do. I started off with a layer of my go-to base coat, the Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat. Then I applied two coats of In The Cab-Ana, but a third one would have been ideal. Now on to the fun part! Firstly, I decided to opt for an ombre/gradient effect on the middle finger using China Glaze - Re-Fresh Mint. The same nail lacquer and an eBay dotting tool were used to create the polka dots on my index finger of my left hand and my right ring finger. After that, I used the angle of a square sellotape piece and Nubar - Star Sparkle Nail Lacquer to create just one chevron design dividing my thumbnail, left ring finger and right index nail. Also, I added some Re-Fresh Mint abstract lines and dots where Essie meets Nubar, with the smaller end of the dotting tool. Lastly, I applied a generous coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
Do you like my nails? What have you got on your nails at the moment?


Bloglovin | Instagram | Lookbook | Pinterest | Twitter | Youtube

5 comments:

  1. Wow, they look amazing, how do you do the ombre?

    I’ve given my blog a bit of a redesign, please come and check it out if you have a chance and let me know what you think!.

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those nails look incredible and the colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your nails, they're so gorgeous!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Your nails are absolutely gorgeous! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Make my day with your comment and leave your blog links :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All content copyright © 2013 BeautyInsideArt, unless otherwise noted. Powered by Blogger.

The Blogger

Follow

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Your Number: